HMS is giving back!

Well world, it has been awhile since I posted last (life of a busy college student!) But I am proud to say that some of my photography has been chosen to be printed in the Spring 2011 addition of The Muse!  So the main reason I’m telling you all this is because something I realized after lying in bed last night. This Muse award is not the biggest thing in the world; the majority of the people I know don’t even know what it is. But I still feel so proud of myself for getting recognized and appreciated. And when you feel appreciated, understood, and accomplished your eyes open up to an entirely new world of insight and opportunity. I decided that I want to share this feeling with others; especially college students who have suffered from server anxiety like myself. I am going to plan a fundraiser, that involves HMS Photography, to support those who have lost loved ones to suicide and young adults with depression and anxiety.
I haven’t had a great deal of time to think over exact details; but the thing that popped into my head first was how confident and beautiful I felt after I left a modeling shoot. Modeling really helped me see the outer beauty as well as my inner beauty that had been clouded by my anxiety. I will provide photo shoots to those who need this kind of pick-me-up. I still have to work out all the kinks and details but overall I want to give back to community and help those who have and are suffering from anxiety and depression. There is always  a way to see the light, why not start with a flash of the camera?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea!! If you need any help with promoting and such, I'm definately onboard to help! :)

    ReplyDelete