The PR student

Hello world!
            I'm Heather Schwartz; I currently attend the University of Wisconsin Whitewater and I am in the middle of my third year. I have a major in Public Relations and not long ago added Photography minor.
            I am a very creative, social, and unique person; I love taking photographs, writing, planning promotions and events, and being open-minded to try new things. With all of things mixed together I found what I want to do with my life; something that combines helping people, being creative, and knowing how to communicate (especially through different medias) and voila, Public Relations and photography!
            I’ve taken many significant courses at UWW that have really helped me expand my career aspirations; such as: Creative Writing, Modern Media Writing, Introduction to Television Production, Public Relations Tactics I and II, and Publication Photography.
            I started a small "business" called HMS Photography 2 years ago; I do promotions, networking, and meet a vast amount of new and diverse people. It is great experience for the future and is teaching me so many important skills. I work with multiple businesses to help promote my photography and PR skills; with planning and creating networking and promotional events for both of our companies to benefit. I also plan charity events that I sponsor with my photography and businesses I’m affiliated with.
             I am also interning with a magazine called the House of Style where I do Public Relations and Photography for their growing company! I also am starting to work with an upcoming magazine located in Madison, WI.
            I have so much confidence in myself and my work; that I won't stop until I'm successful!


Want to check out my stuff? Visit http://www.hmsphotography.net/ :)

And my intern page! http://www.houseofstylekc.com/temp/magazine/indexd.htm

2 comments:

  1. Going to school and starting your own company is never easy to do and you have managed to do a great job balancing both. You are a very motivated person. Hopefully someday you can combine both your photography and PR skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an impressive thing to have accomplished at such a young age, having your own photography company! You seemed to have done so much already that will help you in the future with your career and something that really seems to fit your personality. Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete